Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica USA no longer selling repair parts
From: Bryan Caldwell <bcaldwell51@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 19:20:49 -0700

Martin,

I agree - but Leica US is now making it an important distinction again.
Leica US can now refuse to service any camera it did not import ( or that
doesnąt carry an international warranty) - or at least charge a hefty
premium. If the independent service providers can no longer obtain parts, a
dealer who is selling pieces not imported through Leica US cannot provide
service through them. Up until now, many dealers who imported through other
channels still offered their own warranty through independent service
providers.

Bryan