Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak to cut up to 6,000 jobs
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 20:52:17 -0700

It doesn't cost that much, and if you read what I said, you'd realize
that the problems they're having now can be fixed with firmware updates
indefinitely. Every electronic part that processes photos and runs the
camera are programmable. And that is one reason why it's slower to get
the bugs worked out. It's the first digital camera to be designed to be
that way. I might get one some day, once the firmware's had a few
updates all around. But Nikon just announced an intriguing new chip for
their new D2H. So who knows? I know one thing, I'm not sticking with
Leica R to see how digital goes there.j

On Friday, July 25, 2003, at 06:50  PM, Christopher Williams wrote:

> Long lasting 14n? With all the problems it's had, I doubt long lasting
> it
> will be. It's way too much plastic junk to cost $4900.
- --
Eric

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by
little statesmen, philosophers, and divines. - Ralph Waldo Emerson