Subject: Re: Re[2]: [Leica] Fwd: Re: LUG metallurgist
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 11:24:48 -0500

Kurt

As I remember Nikon used Titanium in all F model shutters irregardless of
top shutter speed, but I'm sure it helped there also.

Gene

                      khmiska <khmiska@umich.edu>
                      Sent by:                            To:       Jerry Lehrer <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        cc:
                      -alto.ca.us                         Subject:  Re[2]: [Leica] Fwd: Re: LUG metallurgist

                      07/26/2003 12:59 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

Jerry,
thank you for your e-mail. Yes, our son reminded me yesterday that
Nikon used titanium in the focal plane shutters to achieve the 1/4000
shutter speed. I forget the model but I believe the use of Ti was to
reduce the mass of the shutter and thus enable it to accelerate more
rapidly.
Regards
Kurt
- --