Subject: Re: [Leica] Focusing a 75 1.4 - shooting babies
From: rdcb37@cyberone.com.au
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 09:30:00 +1000

Nelson, my solution was to get more light into the picture.  I
positioned my babies near a veiled window so there was lots of light
(for an indoor shot), then I shot handheld with a 50/2 (didn't need a
Nocti - plenty of light).  I also used a 90/2 on a tripod.

Once, my nephew was asleep in Oma and Opa's big bed and, while it took
several minutes to set up, I carted in a big Manfrotto and took a
series of shots with M6 and Noctilux, wide open, 1 second exposures
with a cable release.  Everything was still and the focus was bang on.
Upon visiting my sister's house these days, her friends often think the
enlargement of one of these shots is a painting and not a photo.  There
is no crime in using a tripod with a fast Leica lens.

Rick