Subject: Re: [Leica] Erwin Puts' R-Lens Booklets (Free!)
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:17:59 -0500

Yes the R system is much beat up on and does not deserve the bad press it
has gotten.  I have used the R system for the past 15 years and have found
it to be very reliable and robust and the lenses are top notch all the way.
I have a Nikon f3 that sits in the desk because I like the R system so
well.  i have had only one failure on my R4SP and it was about 2 months
ago, it was fixed within 10 days and back to me overnight from Leica USA.
My SL has had no failures other than the RED plastic lens release finally
broke and Leica sent me a new metal part so I could replace it.  I now want
to get either a R8 or R9 when I can afford one.

Gene

                      "Slobodan Dimitrov"
                      <s.dimitrov@charter.net>            To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  Re: [Leica] Erwin Puts' R-Lens Booklets  (Free!)
                      -alto.ca.us

                      07/26/2003 08:32 PM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

If I had known how well the R lenses performed earlier, I would of gotten
an
R system years ago.
As it is, now I use the R, and occasionally the M, for personal projects.
Slobodan Dimitrov