Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V25 #102
From: Craig Zeni <clzeni@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 11:54:43 -0400

>Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 17:23:24 -0500
>From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
>Subject: Re: [Leica] another acolyte
>
>>i have joined the newly-converted with my secondhand purchase
>>of a rapidwinder.  i am surprised how well it accommodates focusing
>>and winding with the same hand--thumb and index finder focus, middle and
>>ring finder trigger.  i seem to have a little more trouble
>>getting film to engage when loading --but maybe it's something i'm
>>not getting
>>right.  you have to transfer the "steering wheel" from the original
>>base to the rapidwinder.  it a beautifully-made machine.
>
>Now that we can't get parts, this is a moot question but.....
>
>Was it ever possible to purchase the steering wheel as a spare part
>from Leica? I'd get the Rapidwinder but I'd like the flexibility of
>using the normal base when I wanted to, without having to dig out a
>screwdriver.

Hmm.  Either I'm lucky, ignorant or lucky to be ignorant but I don't
recall ever fitting the 'steering wheel' to my Rapidwinder and
haven't had any problems...
- --
Craig Zeni - REPLY TO -->> clzeni at mindspring dot com
http://www.trainweb.org/zeniphotos/zenihome.html
http://www.mindspring.com/~clzeni/index.html

WARNING:  Above message may contain nuts or nut products.