Subject: Re: [Leica] Pictures from New York
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 20:45:01 -0700

Macs now have their monitors set for 2.2 Gamma. They only make LCD
monitors (the best, by the way) now, though I'm still convinced a Sony
Aritsan is unmatched by anything less than a $5,000 Barco. But for the
money, LaCie Electron Blue IV monitors are darn nice.

But I think I'm still going to get a 23" Apple monitor soon to go with
my new G5, because I can do critical color correction on my CRT at
work, and watch DVDs and HDTV (eventually) on the Apple monitor at
home. In the end, even at work I have to see photos as hard copy made
from the presses before I consider the color done. So not even CRTs are
actually good enough anyway.

So I'm going for the "cool" factor. :-)

On Sunday, July 27, 2003, at 06:51  PM, Rolfe Tessem wrote:

> The Mac gamma at 1.8 thing is a relic of the past and was geared to
> the old Apple monitors (remember the original Apple 14" monitor). We
> are long past that era.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is still
putting on its shoes."
- -- Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)