Subject: Re: [Leica] Was: MP's tp plate Now: Japanese made glass.
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 20:37:06 -0700

Kyocrea also builds the 60mm 2.8 Micro Nikkor AF. A fantastic lens.

On Sunday, July 27, 2003, at 05:03  PM, David Young wrote:

> I can't speak for the Zeiss glass, but the Kyocera (who make those
> Zeiss lenses) made Vario-Elmar 80~200/f4 has engraving everywhere and
> a build quality that equals any Leitz or Leica glass I've ever owned.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

"There exists a limit to the force even the most powerful may apply
without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry
of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a
tool of vengeance, never a hostage, nor a mortification against the
martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape
the consequences."
- --  Frank Herbert