Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Marc Small's statement that M6 is best built M camera
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 21:42:35 -0700

JB said:
>>> After thousands of rolls of film, I've never had an M6 break. I believe
> that Ted will also testify to the heartiness of an M6. Cow sh** and
all.<<<

I have to agree here, as I've used three M6's since Jan. 1985 without a CLA,
adjustment and nary a twig of a problem. They meter and expose film today
equally as correct as they did 18 years ago and I'd still be using them if
not for the purchase of 3 M7's in January this year.

The "cow sh..t,  oops, dung, didn't stop one of them and sort of gave my
Noctilux a kind of pristine glow after I cleaned it off. ;-) Now the odor?
Well it took sometime to wear off during normal temperatures, but imagined
or not, on those high sun heat beating down days I, well maybe "imagine" a
slight, shall we say "scent of cow shit!" :-)

But I never had one iota of trouble with the 3-M6's and they were used in
almost every weather condition you can imagine from the high arctic to the
heat of the tropics, and like the "Energizer bunny" they just kept going and
going and going. ;-)

And thousands of rolls through them without a glitch and as long as my M7's
work as consistently as the M6's did I'm going to be a happy shooter for
many years to come. The only glitch might be if I don't make it until I wear
them out. ;-)
ted.

Message from Mitch Alland <malland@xsmail.com> ([Leica] Marc Small's statement that M6 is best built M camera)
Message from JCB <jcb@visualimpressions.com> ([Leica] Re: Marc Small's statement that M6 is best built M camera)