Subject: Re: [Leica] MP's tp plate
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 22:54:00 -0700

Gary Williams said:
> The statement about the inferiority of Contax lenses is utter rubbish.
The
> remark is also indicative of a pernicious attitude that exists among some
> photographic dilettantes who own and use Leica gear, and who apparently
> believe that black paint or an engraved script on a camera body will
elevate
> their photographic skills (to match the size of their egos or their
> wallets?).  As someone who has worked at the craft for over 20 years, I am
> offended by the notion that someone calling himself a photographer will
> actually ruminate in an open forum on the merits of an engraving on a
camera
> body and how it can make said photog (dilettante) a better shooter.  Jeez,
> call them the way I see them, and I say, "let 'em use anniversary
Titanium!"<<<

Hi Gary,
I think "Mark the Rabiner" may have pulled your chain a tad tight, as every
thing you say about him is as in reverse as black to white. :-)

One thing I've learned over the years is, he can make the most sincere
sounding comment that he knows he's going to have the unfortunates who don't
read him carefully, will rise to the bait like hungry sharks. And he does it
with a smile! :-)

I could be wrong, but it's my feeling this is the case as he's a master at
it and I'd bet this is exactly what's happened here. And he does it as a
joke. I realize once one is caught by his method it's difficult to accept
that's he's one very fine chap, whom I'm sure if you were to do a face to
face meet with him you'd find him to be a good lad like yourself.

ted

Message from "Gary Williams" <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] MP's tp plate)