Subject: [Leica] Cant you guys "snip"? (was: M camera NOW R camera ?)
From: Mitch Alland <malland@xsmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 08:23:55 +0700

For: Gerry Walden and others...

Gerry, I just picked out your posting (but many of the others would do)
because I suppose you just hit the reply button which picks up and
quotes the whole of the message you are responding to which in turn has
picked up previous message. All this results in a very long postings
which become a royal pain in the ass for anyone reading the digest
version of LUG because we have to scroll and scan miles of unnecessary
quotes to be able to read the new postings. I don't know why so many
people do this, actually a higher proportion than many other lists.

In contrast, Doug Herr's posting snips the relevant quotes to which he
is responding. If more people would do this this list would be much
easier and fun to read. A lot more people get the digest version of the
LUG than the individual message version. Please, please...snip.

- --Mitch/Bangkok