Subject: [Leica] Re: new parts poicy - Leica's response
From: Mitch Alland <malland@xsmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 09:37:51 +0700

For: Andrew Moore

> Now would be a great time for us to send emails to Leica
> expressing our enthusiasm for this decision.  Anyone got an
> appropriate address?

I'm just amazed by this "F--- y-- Jack, I'm alright" reaction to
Leica's reversion to the policy of willingness to supply parts to
independent Leica service providers in the US but NOT to the ones in
other countries.

Obviously there are people like Sherry and DAG, et. al, in other
countries -- it doesn't faze you that they cannot get Leica parts, and
that Leica owners in other countries have to rely on slow or
incompetent official Leica repair (i.e., Solms or the Leica importer)
of their cameras?

I just picked up your posting because you actually want to write to
Leica to congratulate them, but there must have been at least 10
postings today also ecstatic about Solms willingness to reverse the
policy in the US only.

- --Mitch/Bangkok