Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: R8-9 question for long exposures
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:24:53 -0400

Phil Leeson wrote:
> As one who last week got caught with dead batteries (and no spares) in
> the R8, I can attest to the fact that
> the shutter has no manual backup speeds.
> In a related question, does leaving the mode dial in a position other
> than "off" hasten the demise of the batteries?
> Or is it like the M6?
> Phil

AFAIK, it is like the M6 -- you only draw battery when the shutter
release is partially depressed. So, if the camera is in a bag where the
shutter release can be pushed on, it makes sense to turn it off. If it
is sitting on your desk, I don't think it matters.

If I'm wrong about this, I'd like to hear about it too.

Rolfe

- --
Rolfe Tessem
Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.