Subject: Re: [Leica] Batteries....was M5 Meter and Alkaline Batteries
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 13:13:09 -0500

Leica NJ converted my SL to the 625 Alkaline battery when I had it in last
December for CLA.  It has been running just fine so far.

Gene

                      "Gary Williams"
                      <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.        To:       <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
                      com>                                cc:
                      Sent by:                            Subject:  [Leica] Batteries....was M5 Meter and Alkaline Batteries
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo
                      -alto.ca.us

                      07/30/2003 11:45 AM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

> Alas I must take my newly aquired M5 on a trip and there is no time to
get
> the meter calibrated for alkaline batteries.  (I will not use an M meter
on
> it either).  What kind of exposure compensation should I expect to have
> use?   Or is it more complicated than that?
>
> Gary

Dumb question department here....Which battery is more desirable as a
replacement for the 625 Mercury battery, 1.5 volt PX-625 alkaline battery
or
1.55 volt silver oxide 76 cell with hand made sleeve adapter.

Gary