Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo Finished
From: "Red Dawn" <reddawn@singnet.com.sg>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 18:10:55 +0800

Hi

ok i re-read the earlier link and it's definitely a "one time use" digital
camera.....
no film here! :p

steve, i wouldn't be surprsied if someone takes it apart and figure out how
to download and clear the camera for reuse :)

here's the first few para of the article....full link is here:
http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2003-07-27-digital_x.htm

==================
The Ritz Camera chain today will introduce a one-time-use digital camera for
about the same price as a typical "disposable" film camera in about 100 of
its stores. Walgreens, which was testing the camera in Madison, is expanding
the test to all 140 Wisconsin pharmacy outlets. And Walt Disney World will
begin selling the camera at its hotels and theme parks in the fall.
The 2-megapixel Dakota Digital, which offers the image quality of a
$200-$250 digital camera, doesn't have an LCD screen to view images, and
doesn't connect to a computer.

But users can delete their last shot if they think they missed it, and they
can get prints back within 15 minutes after taking the camera in for
processing, because no film has to be developed. A CD of digital images is
included, so users can manipulate the files on their computer and share them
via e-mail and Web sites.

"The one-time-use market is so strong right now, that's where we wanted to
focus our attention," says Jonathan Kaplan, CEO of Pure Digital, which makes
the camera.

boon hwee