Subject: [Leica] Screwy M6 and flash? Ah, who needs it anyway!
From: Rick Dykstra <rdcb37@cyberone.com.au>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 06:57:18 +1000

I got my shots from the kids party back, the one where my M6 Normal
wasn't waking up the SF20 flash.  I didn't mention before that I had
taken a number of ambient light pictures of the kids' table before
fetching the flash.  Surprise, surprise - these are the best shots.  It
was kinda dark in there - 1/30th at f 1.4 on 100 speed Reala with a 35
Summilux ASPH - but that made for photos that are smooth and creamy,
but sharp on the plane.  There's no problem with shaded eye sockets,
the concern that made me choose the flash.  The flash shots, where the
SF Dozy had been awake at the decisive moment, are stark, crisp and
cold by comparison.

I've re-learnt a lesson.  Use these mightily expensive lenses the way
they were meant to be used.  I'm gonna leave the flash alone more often
- - save it for the real dark, or when the kids are standing in the shade
with a sunlit panorama behind.

I Promise.  Dyb dyb dyb....

Rick.

Replies: Reply from Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com> (Re: [Leica] Screwy M6 and flash? Ah, who needs it anyway!)