Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica parts
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 09:06:15 -0700 (PDT)

Ted Bayer <tedbayer@charter.net> wrote:

> Hi Seth:
>
> This is good news - will certainly be welcomed by all, I'm
> sure.
>
> Thank you, also, for your interventions and willingness to
> place the issue fairly and to the right people.

Thanks Seth, this is welcome news.  If I understand the revised policy correctly, folks like Sherry, DAG and John Van Stelton will be able to get the parts needed - but not untrained people like myself.  If this policy had been in effect a few years ago the R4sP which is now my daughter's would have been trashed instead of repaired 'cuz Leica USA and my local Leica-trained repair technican refused to replace the broken main casting.  I bought the main casting ($100) and made the repair myself.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica parts)