Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: opinions on M7 vs. MP
From: "Gary Williams" <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 21:43:28 -0400

Subject: [Leica] Re: opinions on M7 vs. MP

> I looked at a black MP in a store: first, the retrograde rewind knob is
> absurd; second, the black lacquer looks pretty but its glossiness
> attracts much more attention to the camera than the black chrome of the
> M6 which defeats the purpose of the camera being black in the first
> place; also the lacquer shows fingerprints encouraging frequent
> cleaning with a cloth -- perfect for fondlers.
>
> As for the M7, I would be attracted to only if it had shutter speeds
> faster than 1/1000th.

> So, I'll stick with my two M6s although when I get to the States at the
> end of the month I'm having Sherry Krauter do a CLA on my Wetzlar M6
> purchased in 1988 because it has (occasionally) a light leak -- a
> problem that apparently Sherry has seen on many M6s. My Solms M6 does
> not have this problem. It amazes me that Leica should have been
> producing camera bodies that are subject to light leaks!
>
> --Mitch/Bangkok

Don't be so quick to dismiss the M7.  This may be heresy to some, but auto
exposure actually comes in handy from time to time.   And there are no
reported problems with light leaks coming from the factory on an M7.

Gary

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Re: opinions on M7 vs. MP)