Subject: RE: [Leica] Staying w/ film for a while - handled a D100 (and a 10D, and...)
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 22:17:05 -0400

The number I remember from my reading in the 70's was 11 milliseconds.
I suspect that Nikon is fudging the numbers with 37 milliseconds.  That
is lower than the EOS 1HS or whatever the pellicle version was.  With no
mirror and an electronic shutter release it should be faster than just
about any SLR.  I suspect that they are talking about a best effort,
focused, exposure set, and mirror up time.  But I could be wrong.

The real interest to the D2 is that it pretty much mimics the 1D with
the exception of the wireless transmission.  So, you guys in the pits,
want to trust your images to WiFi that anyone else could pick up?

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com