Subject: Re: [Leica] Dry chamber for storing camera gear
From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 00:56:41 -0500

>Thanks for the suggestion. Several list members have made  this
>suggestion on and off list, but I'd prefer not to just heat up the
>camera gear any further.

I've been thinking for a while of making my own dry box using a peltier chip.

When running normally, the peltier chip would cool below the dew
point and condense moisture on it. That would drip from the bottom of
the chip/heat exchanger into a drip pan that would lead outside the
box.

Every  x hours, I'd run the chip in reverse to make sure that it was
freezing the condensate.

It *should* work, although how well is unknown.

- ---

Then again, at an auction today I just bought two (2!) Zero
Haliburton cases at $25 each. They're sealed, so with a little
dessicant in them, they should be perfect for storage of my
preciousess. :-)

Karen

- --
Karen Nakamura