Subject: Re: [Leica] Question about the new 50mm f2.8 Elmar
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 10:21:30 +0200 (MEST)

> Does anyone out there use one?  What do you think of its image taking
> qualities?

It's on the camera that hangs around in the kitchen at my place. This shot
happened to be taken just a couple of days ago.

http://www.dlridings.com/temp/e02.htm

If you can pick one up cheap, why not? I tend more and more to just leave
a 35mm on the body when I want a flat profile. The Elmar becomes more and
more a body-cap on the body that stayed home. But I never worry about
using it. After f4.0 it performs nicely.

Daniel