Subject: Re: [Leica] Question about the new 50mm f2.8 Elmar
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 04:43:27 EDT

In a message dated 8/5/03 12:24:08 AM, daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no writes:

<< http://www.dlridings.com/temp/e02.htm

If you can pick one up cheap, why not? I tend more and more to just leave
a 35mm on the body when I want a flat profile. The Elmar becomes more and
more a body-cap on the body that stayed home. But I never worry about
using it. After f4.0 it performs nicely.

Daniel >>
Daniel,

I've been using my 2.8 50mm not as a lens cap but as the remarkable engine it
is, particularly if you have the BOOWOO (I hope I got the alpha number right
for the close-up stand set that accommodates the 2.8 50mm Elmar).
I preset this Elmar for street work.

br