Subject: Re: [Leica] Screwy M6 and flash? Ah, who needs it anyway!
From: Feli di Giorgio <feli2@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 08:29:06 -0700

On Tuesday, Aug 5, 2003, at 06:57 US/Pacific,
grduprey@rockwellcollins.com wrote:

> Jerry
>
> the M6TTL was chosen in my case because of the corrected shutter speed
> progression in relation to the meter diodes and the larger shutter dial
> that I can actually get a hold of. The MP screwed this part up.
>
> Gene

That is my exact problem with the MP. I like the paint, I like the
finder, it's really nicely made but they screwed up the ergonomics. The
small shutter speed dial was not a problem back in the old days when
the M didn't have a meter, but now I find it a pain is the arse to
fiddle with the tiny thing while framing a shot. I can live with the
rewind stalk. On my M2 I added a $40 Wasserman rewind
crank; problem solved and I'm not going to break out in a rash, because
it isn't made by Leica. That's $160 bucks worth of Tri-X in savings.

So, if I ever do end up buying an MP I'm either I'm going to have learn
to live with it, design my own fix (graft an MR meter on it?) or if I
really insist on black paint get an LHSA M6TTL and have Sherry upgrade
the finder to the flare fix.

feli

Richard III was framed.	 *     feli2@earthlink.net