Subject: RE: [Leica] Screwy M6 and flash? Ah, who needs it anyway!
From: "Saganich, Christopher/Medical Physics" <saganicc@MSKCC.ORG>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 12:48:18 -0400

Amen brother.  The little dial is difficult.  Ergonomically speaking, the little dial results in less shutter speed fiddling.  I figured Leica is doing me a favor, besides, changing shutter speeds a lot seems to give more varying results. The speeds aren't predictable and they vary more then people might think for the price.  So far (knock on wood) the MP has given me the most consistent results.  When shutter speed is the only variable Zone V negative densities can be off by as much as 1/2 a stop between some speeds.  While these variables are consistent and predictable I find my negs develop more consistently if I don't fiddle with the shutter speed.  Although this may not be the case with an electronic shutter.

Chris Saganich
http://www.saganich.com