Subject: Re: [Leica] Staying w/ film for a while - handled a D100 (and a 10D, and...)
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 17:42:10 -0700

There' s no black and white world either. There is no loss of
resolution to convert to black and white if you know what you're doing.
With the Sigma SD-9, each pixel does every color.

I have seen with my own eyes quality black and white images with the
proper treatment in Photoshop that are as good as most black and white
photogrpahy short of Ansel Adams or John Sexton. And time will be that
limit will fall as well.

Absolute image quality is not the issue. Look at what 90 percent of the
world's photographers produce (including most Leica users) and you'll
see they can't even match the quality coming from digital cameras now,
because of a lack of competence and/or experience and knowledge. (I
won't even mention talent.)

On Tuesday, August 5, 2003, at 10:48  AM, Henning Wulff wrote:

> Yes you can get close as you describe, but there are no B&W cameras.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day. - Will Rogers.