Subject: Re: [Leica] Photographic fashion?
From: grduprey@rockwellcollins.com
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:36:06 -0500

DUUHH!!  Of course, What was I thinking??  Now I can sleep at night instead
of worrying about the sanity of future Photographers...

I guess I should have had one on me, Then I would not now look like an over
done Lobster, and would not have had to buy out the local stores inventory
of Aloe Vera skin gel...Hey! I did wear a hat, so the top of my head is OK
at least. ;-)

Gene

                      Karen Nakamura
                      <mail@gpsy.com>                     To:       leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      owner-leica-users@mejac.palo        Subject:  Re: [Leica] Photographic fashion?
                      -alto.ca.us

                      08/07/2003 11:55 AM
                      Please respond to
                      leica-users

>>I noticed all these people with  their Nikon/Canon AF and Digital
>>Motor Driven SLRS shooting with the Lens Hoods turned around
>>protecting/shading the Lens Bodies.  It would seem no
>>one has told them what the lens hood is for.  Maybe it is a status
>>or fashion thing...

Geeshh. Don't you know that the fluorite glass in Canon 'L' lenses
need to be protected from the heat? What you were seeing was heat
shielding, not a lens hood, silly.

Karen

p.s. I understand that Leica 'R' lenses do not suffer from this weakness. ;
- -P

- --
Karen Nakamura