Subject: Re: [Leica] Tired eyes - Lasik, etc
From: "Phil Leeson" <pjleeson@mchsi.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 22:34:55 -0500

While I would generally echo the views previously mentioned, perhaps a
note of caution is in order.
I have a number of patients who are most pleased (I'm an Internist) with
their results, though a few of them have some flare at night.
Also, one of my ophthalmologist friends has some concern about possible
long term corneal deterioration, perhaps eventually necessitating
transplant.  I'm sure there's no data on this yet, but one never knows
what 20-30 years may bring.  That said,  the results so far are
generally excellent, and as mentioned earlier, practice makes perfect,
so an experienced team is best.
Now, regarding cataract surgery - a different story.  The technology is
mature, results usually excellent.  But here, they're removing/replacing
a cloudy lens, not peeling back the outer layer of the cornea.
Phil

Message from Craig Schroeder <craig@craigschroeder.com> (Re: [Leica] Tired eyes)