Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Noctilux and .72
From: Feli di Giorgio <feli2@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 23:20:44 -0700

Thanks everyone for the input.

Day before yesterday I went down to one of the Howard Dean Meetups,
in search of a few good shots. Well, I found what I was looking for,
but the
place (a restaurant/bar) was pretty much illuminated by candle light.
So, I started
to shoot with the 50 Cron-DR and Delta 3200 and the meter kept begging
for an
extra stop or two below f2 and 1/30th. Recently I keep running in to
these type of lighting
situations and the Cron is just too slow and I don't want to have to
fall back on a flash.
So I need either a Lux or a Noct. This debate has probably been
discussed
ad nausea on this list so I am not going to bore anyone. The only
comment I'm going
to make is that while sharpness is very important, there are other
factors that make a
lens great. There is sharp and sharp enough. I have seen a lot of
pictures taken with
the Noct and there is something special going on there (not just at F1)
that I really like.
Ted and others here blow their Noct shots up to 16x20, so sharpness
can't be complete
crap. If it's as good as my 50 DR I will be thrilled to death. Besides
all of that; f1 and
1600/3200 asa Delta sounds like a very interesting world to explore.

So, this weekend I'm going to try to rent a Noct. and maybe a Lux. and
see what it
does for me.

Cheers,

feli

PS: if anyone wants to see a shot from that meeting, I'll email you a
jpeg (80kb)
since I don't have a website, yet.

safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety. 				-Benjamin Franklin

feli2@earthlink.net