Subject: Re: [Leica] Second Thoughts on a Leica Second Body
From: frank theriault <knarf.theriault@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2003 16:10:37 -0400

I've not used any other Leica, other than my CL.  I have, however, used plenty of
mechanical SLR's, with the traditional shutter speed dial on the top plate, to the right of
the prism housing.

I have to say, the CL's shutter speed dial is the most intuitive, comfortable one I've ever
had the pleasure of using.  One's right index finger seems to naturally rest there, on top
of that dial.  Push your finger to the left, and the shutter speed indicator in the
viewfinder moves the same way, showing you that the shutter speeds are decreasing.

And, lo and behold, that dial is but a few millimeters from the shutter release!
Astounding!

I do wish that the aperture numbers were visible in the viewfinder as well, but keeping
those straight isn't much of a problem, I guess.

And, yes, those strap lugs!  Strap slung o'er my left shoulder, I walk around with my left
hand resting on the body (which is about waist level), ready to bring the camera up to eye
level at a moment's notice.  Since the camera isn't hanging in front of me, no one notices
that I even have a camera until I've snapped - if they notice at all.

Now I just have to learn to take decent piccies!  <vbg>

cheers,
frank

regards,
frank