Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Second Body
From: Feli di Giorgio <feli2@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 19:55:53 -0700

On Saturday, Aug 9, 2003, at 19:08 US/Pacific, Gary Williams wrote:

> Lastly, does anyone use an M2 with a Leica meter?
>
> Gary

I have an MR meter on my M2 and love it. It's accurate, uses an area of
the 90mm framelines  and unlike the Voigtlander meter it locks the
reading.
The dial that couples the meter to the shutter speed dial is Solms gift
from
heaven. I've always disliked the small style shutter speed dial (I have
reasonable large hands), but the large MR dial makes it for me as
comfortable
to use as a TTL. The biggest problem of course is that they use PX625
Mercury cells. You can still get them outside of the US or use a
Weincell
and change it every few months or have the meter converted to take a
1.35v battery. Considering that I paid only about $100 bucks for mine
I consider it a real bargain.

Feli

safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety. 				-Benjamin Franklin

feli2@earthlink.net