Subject: RE: [Leica] Minolta DiMage Dual Scan III Scanner
From: "Justin Low" <space@byvoid.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 14:15:35 +0800

Jack,

I say "good enough for screen/web use", because to print digital B&W to
match the traditional darkroom print, I'd need to setup all sorts of
printing systems and profiling software. I won't deny that those sort of
prints can equal a traditional print, because I have seen them, and some
of them are really good. But to set up and maintain the systems needed,
it'll take too much time and money. We use an Epson 10000 series at
school, and the output leaves much to be desired.

For my printing purposes, the wet darkroom suffices, and then some. But
yes, one cannot escape the future. There will be day that digital output
will surpass the tradition processes, but those same processes have had
a hundred years behind them. Digital still has some way to catch up.

Sorry for going off-topic, Ted.

Justin