Subject: Re: [Leica] Don's PAW 31 Focus on the eye
From: "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 11:42:02 +0200

> With all this talk of wide open lenses and can they be focused, it
> seemed appropriate to post this portrait I did this week.  She just
> wanted a simple plain portrait to give her dad on his 50th.
>
> 75 Summilux at minimum focus just off 1.4 on Fuji Reala.  Early morning
> in cloudy conditions.
>
> http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=1672429&size=lg
>
> As always, comments cheerfully solicited.
>
> Don
http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=1672688&size=lg

Hi, Don find it hard to choose between the two but when pressed would go for
the first.Feel that the unsharp right size of the face emphacizes the
closeness of her.Kind of the view one has prior to a kiss.My eyes are razor
sharp at distance but at these ranges things start to blur.Personally i
would like to see more light in her eye showing your shadow more.
simon jessurun