Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Second Body
From: Rei Shinozuka <shino@panix.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 10:30:38 -0400

the CLE was also my entree into the world of M.   i still own
mine, purchased new, and for a long time it was a second body
when i moved up to an m6.  mine is near mint and shows no sign
of trouble, but, i don't use it much any more
as i prefer the higher magnifications and longer rangefinder
bases with my new favorite lenses: the noct and 75 lux.

while minolta may have orphaned the CLE, essex camera
www.essexcamera.com will still work on it.  parts, of course
may still be a problem.  people have theorized that the CLE used
many parts from the XD11.  i cannot attest to whether this is true
or not, or whether those parts are readily available.

- -rei

On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 10:08:24PM -0400, Gary Williams wrote:

> Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Second Body
>

> > 1. the CLE was my introduction to quality rangefinder: wonderful
> > camera, I had it with its special leather carrycase, pocket flash, 90
> > and 40 and 28 and its special electronic cable release. I sold mine
> > because Minolta would not even give them a haircut  and mine was
> > showing signs of becoming flaky. Abandoned. My advise is forget it.

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com
Ridgewood, New Jersey

Replies: Reply from "Robert VanLane" <robert@actv.ne.jp> ([Leica] Good Site for Me( Mechanically Challenged))