Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Lens to Canon EOS Adapter and Pellicle Mirror
From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 17:33:51 -0500

>Novoflex warns that certain R lenses with protruding rear elements cannot be
>used on a Canon body with the EOS adapter.  Is the issue that of the rear
>element of the lens touching the mirror, or is it a matter of the mirror
>striking the rear element when the shutter is released?  If the latter is
>the case, then what about the Canon bodies with pellicle mirrors like the
>Canon RT and 1N RS?

Both, but it's even more of a problem when the shutter is released.

If you draw a diagram of the reflex mirror side on,  you can see that
the sweep takes it more than 2cm away from the focal plane.  Assuming
that the mirror is covering all of  the 24mm high film, it must be
33mm tall or reaches into the mirror box 33mm (if I have the trig
right).

The larger the coverage area of the viewfinder (88% vs 98% vs 100%),
the bigger the mirror is going to be.

Karen

- --
Karen Nakamura