Subject: Re: RES: [Leica] Leica Lens to Canon EOS Adapter and Pellicle Mirror
From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 16:42:06 -0500

>If I remember correctly, the old Canon Pellix had a plastic pellicle. I
>think the modern Canons are plastic too. Is it less fragile than a CCD so
>you can clean it again and again? Dream On Dept.: Imagine an R8 or 9 with
pellicle mirror and the digital module...

It's a mylar film 20/1000 mm thick stretched onto a glass substrate.
It's *extremely* fragile. Even a light brush with a camel hair brush
can tear/scratch the mylar. Never try to clean the pellicle mirror
with anything, even compressed air (well, you should never used
compressed air inside a camera anyway).

Karen Nakamura

- --
Karen Nakamura