Subject: [Leica] Mis-focussing up close? This could be why.
From: Rick Dykstra <rdcb37@cyberone.com.au>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 10:44:11 +1000

I tried posting this yesterday, but the subject line got lost in
transmission.  Weird!?

The Noctilux thread has reminded me ...

A while back I played with my M6 with the back off and 35/1.4 attached,
observing the focussing linkages moving as I twisted the lens.  I
noticed that the linkages stopped adjusting slightly before the lens
stopped turning.  I now avoid using lenses at their near focussing
limit, concerned that the rangefinder may not be faithful at that
point.  This can also be seen in the viewfinder; the patch stops
focussing just before the lens stops moving.  This anomaly could cause
images to be focussed closer than was shown by the rangefinder.

Comments?

Rick.