Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V25 #150
From: "David M. dorn" <dmdorn_ct_usa@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 23:12:02 -0400

> Karen Nakamura wrote:

> It's a mylar film 20/1000 mm thick stretched onto a glass substrate.
> It's *extremely* fragile. Even a light brush with a camel hair brush
> can tear/scratch the mylar. Never try to clean the pellicle mirror
> with anything, even compressed air (well, you should never used
> compressed air inside a camera anyway).
>
> Karen Nakamura

Thanks Karen, since I no longer have the RT I couldn't check, but I
remembered it being glass but did not know the coating technique. I had
the RT for almost 10 years and never had a problem.  I would think with
today's optical materials and coating technologies, the concept could
be vastly improved upon.  The new Swarovski di-electic coating are a
significant  improvement over previous methods.

I am still searching for an answer to my question about the LEICA
VISOFLEX that was converted to a Pellicle Mirror.  Anyone have the
reference to the camera mag (Pop or Modern Photography) write up?

David

Replies: Reply from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V25 #150)