Subject: Re: [Leica] OK... I'll try this PAW thing
From: "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:20:08 -0700

yeah.. I considered cropping and even looked at the image cropped (also in
PS) before printing it.  I agree it is stronger graphically this way.  My
rational for leaving it uncropped is that I believe(d) that the railing
gives the picture context.  I am also loath to crop whenever it can be
helped.  I have always thought that it is best to compose in the camera
rather than in PS (or the darkroom) and better demonstrates what was going
on in my mind when I hit the shutter.  I've always admired those 50s and 60s
photographers that left a dark frame around their prints to demonstrate that
no cropping took place.  A quirk maybe... but it appeals to me.

Thanks so much for your comment
cheers
Jack McLain
Tucson, AZ