Subject: Re: [Leica] OK... I'll try this PAW thing
From: "Jack McLain" <jmclainaz@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:33:41 -0700

> Hi Jack,
>
> Don't worry about rules or the ethics of PAW.
> Just post.  As for the discipline thing, it's
> your problem, not ours :-)

It's also my wife's and my boss's, and my dog's problem!

> I enjoy looking at your photographs.
> On the Coclear Details image, I wish the highlight
> is not as harsh, as I ironically lose details
> on the cochlear itself.  It's undoubtedly better
> in print, as it usually is.
> Thanks for posting,

The light was blinding when I took these shots.  The mission walls are
whitewashed and were in the full sun.  I had to remember my snow-exposure
add-a-couple-stops routine. There is just a tad of detail in the highlights
in the print but I guess it gets lost on screen, My exposure was 1/1000 if I
remember correctly and the temp was 108F with (atypical for Arizona)
relatively high monsoon humidity.

I'll post more soon.  I've got a pile of undeveloped film staring at me here
on my desk and I've got a self imposed film/developer experiment ongoing.

cheers
Jack McLain
Tucson, AZ
http://jackmclain-photography.dotcommunity.net