Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - B&W negative developing info. in general
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:08:09 -0700

Martin Howard wrote:

> tripspud wrote:
>
> > Friendly advice: always return items to the same place in the darkroom!
>
> This is doubly true for anyone with their darkroom in their kitchen.
> You don't want to find yourself absent-mindedly licking the wrong
> teaspoon...
>
> M.

I label the teaspoon "Hydroquinone."
I label where the spoon goes or hangs "Hydroquinone." match the two
Hydroquinones.
Who needs to think?
Sure you can probably remember where the spoon goes why mark it?
Because it makes it much more definitely go there that's why if your
maid comes to your house at 3 AM drunk and decides to clean your
darkroom even though you told her not to the spoon goes in the right place.

If you ever foolishly and I'm serious loan your darkroom to your photo
enthusiast friends they will put it back instead of somewhere else like
behind your easel as they used it for dodging (used to be called
spooning and I'm not kidding I think i got that from Lootens). Lend them
your underwear, give them your car. Don't let them take over your
darkroom. I've lost a few "friends" that way now anyone who asks i feel
no problem with saying no i think its audacious. I know they have negs
to print or contact if I was going to lend them my darkroom I'd have
brought it up.
Let them sleep in your bed. On the other side of your dog.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com