Subject: Re: [Leica] Wollensack lenses for Leica
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 17:11:21 EDT

In a message dated 8/13/03 1:00:00 PM, jerryleh@pacbell.net writes:

<< I have compared WOC binoculars with other WW2 manufacturers

and have found that even Univex made better ones.  Of course the

best was Bausch and Lomb. >>

Bausch and Lomb was also headquartered in Rochester. I think they're still
there. I passed the plant a few times when I visited Rochester some years ago.
The Kodak plant, mostly built around 1900, is still producing basic Kodak films
and papers. They gave useful tours to visitors. The plant had its own narrow
gauge railroad that connected the various buildings. We had to walk through a
shallow tray of water to get our shoes clean before the tour began. I attended
a meeting of the Kodak Camera Club, which consisted of Kodak employees. They
were very knowledgable and it was well-attended.

br