Subject: Re: [Leica] No digital comments?
From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:21:00 -0500

>Canon being a huge multifaceted company in which cameras are the same as
>their paper clip budget. Leica as we know is a very small mom and
>pop operation.

Other than from the rambling nature of your post (not sure what you
were trying to say: are we to make this an
any-digital-camera-goes-leica-list  or a only-digital-Leica-only
list)... I have to address this one issue above.

I worked at Canon (well, interned) and while it's true that Canon has
many branches, the camera-optical division is the golden child.
Everyone aspired to work in that division and it's the one that
people are most proud to be in. So don't disparage Canon's commitment
to cameras just because it's a large conglomerate.

Anyway, my one and only point is that if we're going to talk about
photos taken on non-Leica cameras, why even have a leica list? Why
don't we all just move to the street photography list? I try my
darned best to only talk about my Canon and Nikon rangefinders in the
RF list; and when commenting on my C-V lenses, in the C-V list.

Karen

- --
Karen Nakamura

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] No digital comments?)