Subject: Re: [Leica] Densitometer help
From: Aquiles Almansi <aalmansi@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:41:55 -0700 (PDT)

Alastair,

The "room temperature" has gone up a lot lately due to
the heavy use of the D word, but let me suggest that
there is a possible digital solution to what you need.

The German-made SilverFast Ai, one of the most popular
scanning software packages (if you have an scanner,
you probaly have it already), comes with a digital
densitomer. You scan the negative and then you use the
mouse to measure each spot of the image you're
interested in. It gives you a reading between zero
(pure black) and 255 (pure white). Perhaps is all you
need.

achilles