Subject: Re: [Leica] My binder of negatives
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 19:43:58 -0400

At 06:29 PM 8/14/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>We must have completely different experiences viewing binders full of
>negatives. For me it's a huge hassle of, try and hold page to light, hold
>book sideways, open binder, remove page, squint, try and imagine negatives
>as positives. Write down again on "todo" list "find some jerk photo student
>to make 800 contact prints for me, cheap", finally pull strip of negatives
>out and lay on table. Swear I will print negative. Two weeks later, it's
>still there. Don't feel like getting out chemicals for only one print.
>Finally, take negative to photomat on way to work. Pick up print at end of
>day. Discover not only is image out of focus, but there is big scratch in
>it. Try and remember which binder negative belonged in....
>
>Kc

My recurring nightmare is that I am smothered by rolls and rolls of
developed film.  The actual rolls are hanging in my darkroom and here in my
office on racks along a whole wall.  Thousands of rolls of film.  All
waiting for me to do something with them.  I have film from 10 years ago
that I've never looked at.

At least with the digital I have to look at it to download it and file it
somewhere.  The negatives may never be seen.  I have high hopes for
retirement, but that keeps moving further away, too!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

http://www.pdiphotos.com