Subject: Re: [Leica] No digital comments?
From: "Gary Williams" <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 20:47:01 -0400

> At 03:50 PM 8/14/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >One thing in particular than I would be interested in
> >discussing is the performance of specific R lenses with
> >digital cameras.  Anyone tried the 35mm Summilux and care
> >to share your experience ?
> >
> >- Phong
>
> I haven't tried that one, but the 60 Macro, 100 Macro, 85/1.4, and the big
> 400 and 500's work fine.
> Has anybody managed to make the 19mm fit?  I've tried but am afraid to
> force it on.  I don't want to break anything.  I'd love to make that one
fit.

> Tina

Regrettably there is no way to make the 19mm R work on an EOS body, not even
with the pellicle mirror bodies like the RT and 1N RS.  The rear element of
the R body protrudes too far into the EOS body striking the mirror.

Tomorrow I'm listing all of my R gear for sale.  This very issue is the
reason it no longer makes sense for me to maintain any R gear.  EOS here I
come...

Just in case anyone considers my remarks off topic, I'm holding on to my M7,
M2, 24mm ASPH, 35mm 'Cron ASPH, 50mm Dual Range, 90mm Elmarit, 21mm
Voigtlander :)

Gary

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] No digital comments?)
Message from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (RE: [Leica] No digital comments?)