Subject: [Leica] Leica - camera or lens?
From: LRZeitlin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 22:19:18 EDT

Mark wrote:

The tripod and lens are everything (loose interpretation of three paragraphs).
<<The camera is a rear body cap with a dark space to hold film.>>

Strangely enough I agree with the quoted statement. For a while I was into
pinhole photography and converted one of my Leicas into the world's most
expensive pinhole camera. It required drilling a hole in a body cap and cementing a
foil with a pinhole over the hole. The pictures were beautiful examples of
impressionistic pinhole art, fuzzy but with no distortion or color abberation.
Unfortunately I couldn't hold the camera steady enough for tripodless exposures.
This supports Mark's assertion tha the tripod is more important than the glass.

Larry Z