Subject: Re: [Leica] No digital comments?
From: Mitch Alland <malland@xsmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 07:40:14 +0700

For: Doug Herr

> IMHO an equipment-oriented list such as this one is for discussing how
> to get the most out of the topical equipment, for discussing its
> strengths and weaknesses, for discussing those circumstances where it
> may not be the best choice, including occasional illustrations /
> posted photos made with other equipment.  OTOH interminable
> discussions comparing Coolpix vs. Canon G3 vs. the Oly digital-du-jour
> ought to be taken elsewhere.  Photos made with off-topic equipment are
> a waste of bandwith unless they are related somehow to Leica use.

The problem it seems to me is that for many participants lists like the
LUG are a form of entertainment rather than an information resource,
and for this purpose, people may not care what is the scope of the list
as long it is fun. But I agree with your view.

- --Mitch/Bangkok

Replies: Reply from Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> (Re: [Leica] No digital comments?)