Subject: Re: [Leica] Source for Canon rangefinder spares?
From: Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 06:51:32 +0200

Many German sellers do take PayPal, or you can use Western Union. A further option, not known to most people, is a simple personal check--when I lived in Switzerland, I accepted US checks from a couple of people, and it only cost me 20 CHF (around $14) to
deposit them into my bank account. If German banks are similarly accomodating, then this may well be the cheapest way for you to pay a German seller.

Nathan

tripspud wrote:

> Hi Doug!
>
>      I notice more R Leica gear on German eBay.  I'm
> looking for an M Leica down the road a piece.  The
> problem of buying from Germany in the US is the
> lack of credit cards option and hence Paypal.  It's a
> punishing $50 for a bank transfer/currency which will
> problably be needed with the additional shipping
> makes it unlikely I'll find anything there.  Still,
> there is more R gear than on the US site.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rich Lahrson
> Berkeley, California
> tripspud@transbay.net