Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: No digital comments?
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:55:04 -0400

I'm returning to this Sunday night - having been up in Maine shooting 25
rolls of Tri-X and Across of a 13 member family group holed up at a
'resort' that was absolutely not to be believed in terms of its
understated, old-fashioned, tasteful luxury.;-)

Ted, Ernie - You have absolutely pegged it for me. I'd say that at this
point photographic knowledge, information, is, at best, 10 % of what I
get out of this list. But I can say without hesitation that many of the
people who I now count among my true friends, I met through the LUG -
and I would never have even known of their existence had I not belonged.
And there are many other people on the list who I would also called
friends, even if only "net" friends - all of whom I hope to someday
meet.

A group such as this, is, to me, one of the real wonders and benefits of
the Age of the Internet. Here we are, kids, old farts, men and a few
women ;-), scattered literally all over the world, with common interests
in photography in general and Leicas in particular. And sitting in our
homes, or offices, in Massachusetts, South Carolina, Virginia, Arizona,
Minnesota, Vancouver,BC, Portland, Great Britain, Louisiana, France,
Texas, Germany, Philadelphia, Spain, Australia, Hong Kong, ad infinitum,
we have discovered each other, gotten to know each other, pissed each
other off, made each other laugh - and shared a trick or two.

And that is pretty damn amazing.

B. D.