Subject: [Leica] 32, 64, 128 or fight!
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 21:38:23 EDT

And for graphics software like Adobe Photoshop, 64-bit processing is expected
to greatly enhance the computer's ability to move large image files in the
computer's memory. Adobe, in fact, is planning to make software available on
Tuesday that it says will improve Photoshop's performance on Apple's G5 computers
by 75 to 200 percent, depending on the operation. --NYT
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/08/18/technology/18NECO.html?8hpib=&pagewanted=pri
nt&position=

OK, Kiddies, Unload that fancy 3GHz PC you just bought on some benighted soul
and get out there and spend another 3 grand for the 64-bit miracle at your
local dealers. I'm waiting for the 128 swoon that's just around the next corner.
Meanwhile, my 32-bit processor is turning out very fluent images indeed --
and I'm using a 5-year-old Dell.

Incidentally, Intel doesn't yet market a 64-bit processor that is compatible
with 32-bit programs. AMD does have one off and running. Apple caught Dell
napping.

Do I hear 256-bit? Going, going....

br